Sarah Wentworth Bedrick
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL May 2008
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Major: Marketing Minors: Communications and Entrepreneurship
Cumulative GPA 3.52/4.00
Helium, Inc, Andover, MA
Social Media Marketing Manager and Product Manager of How To Guides, Topics, Social Networking and Inbox September 2008 – Present
Helium is a start-up Internet company that has the largest community of writers which provide Helium.com with original, quality content. Helium provides valuable information to those searching the Internet, as well as outsources member/writers to create content for other companies.
Social Media Marketing Manager
- Recruit, retain and engage members through Helium’s social networking accounts on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and the company blog.
- Use various tools like Google and Twitter trends, Alexa and Google Insights for Search to determine which content on Helium to promote in our social media realms.
- Design engaging surveys, questions and action items to engage Helium’s Facebook and Twitter followers.
- Create powerful and well-researched blog posts to empower writers to become successful freelance writers. Accomplished this by using tools such as Google Analytics, Adwords, Alerts and Wonderwheel to track and maximize the blog efforts.
- Record and track weekly progress in charts to recognize different levers and cheap mlb jerseys determine those which affect progress and “pull them” in Hunger order to increase desired response.
- Create marketing schemes Hello such as newsletters, press releases, slogans, and site copy to increase member retention and subtly engage visitors to convert them to users.
- Record screen casts and upload to YouTube videos which serve as help documents for members.
- Wrote a blog post which went viral and increased our daily views by 600% in that one week period, and increased our long-term daily visitors by 100%.
- Attended 2010 Inbound Marketing Summit conference for social media thought-leaders.
- Point person for all product related issues, handle questions from staff as well as potential clients regarding the new products: How To Guides, Topics, social networking and inbox.
- Create requirement and scoping documents, feature requests and perform Quality Assurance for releases to be sure of proper site functionality.
- Act as liaison between users and product developers to create an intuitive and easy to примерзшую use product which is consistent with the design from the main site.
- Manage three communities of 30+ active members. Create official documentation cheap jerseys such as Style Guides, conventions and help guides to assist in managing the community.
- Weekly record progress of content created, members applying, members wholesale nfl jerseys communicating in communities and recognize levers which affect progress and “pull them” in order to increase positive response.
- Regularly hold conference calls, WebExs and implement several contests in order to motivate the communities to build content and while creating a strong sense of a virtual team.
- Organize and implement online focus groups with 15+ participants in attendance
WIN Entertainment, LLC, Gainesville, FL
SEChumor.com Founder, November 2007 – April 2009
SEChumor.com was a comprehensive information and entertainment outlet for fans of the Southeastern Conference (SEC). Users can view and upload pictures, videos, read articles, and post comments. Visitors have easy access to essential game information including directions, hotels, bars, cab numbers, and ticket information throughout the twelve SEC cities.
- Envisioned idea, wrote business plan and obtained investors for start-up venture
- Conceptualized and created website
- Developed low-budget marketing plan incorporating the use of inbound marketing, social media, Facebook advertisements, flyers, designing attention-getting apparel, and advertising on SEC campuses
- Sustained website content such as articles, forum content, pictures, videos, etc.
- Fostered and maintained relationships with potential sales leads
- Recruited, hired, and managed employees and interns
Greater Media, Boston, MA
WBOS 92.9 –Internship August 2003 – August 2006
- Acted as an assistant to the Marketing Director and Program Director
- Designed promotion and marketing ideas with management
- Promoted station at several out-of-office events with fellow “Street Teamers”
- Organized over 30 environmental groups to participate in the 10th Annual “Earthfest” concert attended by over 100,000 people.
- Updated station website with new content by using HTML
Business Administration College Council (BACC), Member September 2004 – May 2008
Golden Key International Honor Society March 2007 – Present
Language: Conversational in wholesale nfl jerseys Spanish, learning German
Computer skills: Type 94 wpm