Over the past two weeks, I’ve spent more time than I’d like to admit researching email marketing and the resources available to help an email marketer to grow their career. And just like with any other career, proactively learning about your field, experimenting, and applying what you learn will help you create ideas worthy of bringing to management to implementÂ change.
I’ve answered a TON of questions on Quora but this made me want to compile my research in an easy to find spot. Enjoy.
Super fun data points as to why email marketing is a massive lever for businesses:
- 2.4 million emails are sent every second worldwide, but most of them are never opened.
- The average person checks their email 74 times per day. Source: Deloitte
- 54% of all email is opened on mobile. Source: Litmus
- 56% of U.S. email users unsubscribe from a business or nonprofit email subscription because of content that is no longer relevant.
- According to a recent study by VentureBeat, email has the highest ROI of any marketing channel available.
- The amount of searches being done for email marketing far surpasses “marketing automation” and even my personal favorite, “inbound marketing.”
- Only 27% of your leads are sales-ready when first generated Â — enter email marketing/nurturing.
Below find a list of the top resources online for email marketers to learn down below:
Courses free & paid:
- Free course from Mailchimp.
- Free email marketing certification course from HubSpot.
- View the first class’ slides on Slideshare here.
- $600 course from MarketingProfs.
- Email content on inbound.org.
- Email marketing tag on Quora
- Email marketing tag on Reddit.
Email Marketing Examples:Â
Top articles online:
- The Best Email Marketing Campaigns of 2016
- 6 Tried-and-True Email Marketing Tactics
- 12 of the Best Email Marketing Examples You’ve Ever Seen (And Why They’re Great)
- Email Marketing Strategies You Can Borrow From Billion-Dollar E-Commerce Giants
- Unbounceâ€™s 33 New Email Marketing Resources You Shouldnâ€™t Miss. This list from unbounce is nothing short of greatness. Theyâ€™ve pulled together a ton of fantastic blog posts online that can help with specific email marketing objectives like writing compelling email copy, designing newsletter templates, and identifying metrics that matter.
- 8 Effective Email Marketing Strategies, Backed by Science
- Get Vero. While Vero is an email marketing service provider, their blog focuses on email best practices. Subscribe to get the latest updates on how to be an email marketing expert.
- WebHostingGeeks delivers “What is email and how it works” in this detailed free guide.
Note: This article was originally published on July 18, 2016 and has recently been updated to ensure freshness and quality.