Editor’s note 1/4/2017:
This year at INBOUND16, we created a jeopardy-inspired game – Inbound Speed Round!
It fit perfectly in line with our Academy team’s goal at INBOUND of making learning fun.
Today we’ve launched it for the world to play, give it a whirl and share your thoughts below: http://academy.hubspot.com/marketing-trivia-game.
This year at INBOUND (2015), our team decided to have a bit of fun with our Inbound Certification and turn the questions into trivia questions. Each of the 12 classes that comprise the certification curriculum were broken down and added as a different section of a massive spinning wheel. We provided some fun swag for correct answers, incorrect answers, and if you got three difficult questions in a row correct, you won a selfie stick.
While I was originally a fan of re-creating an Academy-style board for Jeopardy, the win ended up being clearly a great choice. It was a bit louder than anticipate, which worked well to our advantage because it demanded attention of anyone in the near vicinity. Below, I’ve compiled a list of questions we asked (and have asked Academy team members just for fun) at INBOUND. Note, we did not include any of the Inbound Certification exam questions or answer below because that’s completely against our
To help those who wouldn’t be a part of INBOUND15 get a feel for what our Academy table was all about, I’ve compiled a list of questions we asked (and have asked Academy team members just for fun) at INBOUND15. Note: we did not include any of the Inbound Certification exam questions or answer below because that’s against our usage guidelines and TOS. We want a fair exam experience for all.
Inbound Marketing Trivia Questions:
- What year was Google founded?
- About how many ranking factors does Google use?
- What website uses a time-line to describe the updates Google makes to it’s algorithm.
- What is the name of Google’s web application that allows you to make money by hosting ads on your website?
- What is the name of Google’s web application that allows you to see SEO metrics like keywords that brought visitors to your website, your index upload site maps, fetch Googlebot to crawl your website and even receive messages regarding your websites state of quality?
- What is the percentage at which your website’s email database deprecates?
- How often does Google change it’s algorithm each year?
- 25k people – what does that represent to HubSpot?
- Who is the author of the popular blog Occam’s Razor?
- What’s the name of Brian Halligan’s dog?
- What’s the name of Dharmesh’ son?
- Who is the founder of Virgin Airlines
- What is the name of the company founded by the well-known customer of HubSpot’s that has a podcast on HubSpot?
- What is the name of his pool business?
- What though-leader in the world of marketing said the following: “The second method for creating a winning strategy in the era of inbound marketing is to be the world’s best at what you do”? A.) Brian Halligan B.) Dharmesh Shah C.) Daniel Pink or D.) Steve Jobs
- Which well-known author first coined a popular and similar term for inbound marketing?
- UTM Parameters allow you to track attribution. What does UTM stand for?
- Fill in the blank (it’s the same word twice): A ________ is a special URL or Uniform Resource Locator that is used to track certain elements when a link is clicked on. A _____ is generally a unique or specially designed to track the elements of a paid campaign, and can trace a number of different elements which can include:
- Who is the CEO of Rainmaker Digital and founder of Copyblogger.
- Name the short form blog website that was purchased by Yahoo in 2013 for 1.1 billion dollars.
- This person was the author of Twitter for Dummies, founded a social media company “one forty” that was purchased by HubSpot, and is famous for her @pistachio twitter handle name. Who is it?
- What is the name of Facebook’s news feed ranking algorithm?
- Which social media giant owns the 6-second video app named Vine?
- Name the free online website/software that enables anybody to create graphics such as calls-to-action. Hint, the founder is the up and coming Melanie Perkins.
- Name the process where several graphics are presented to users and the graphic with highest success rate becomes the default.
- What is the name of the CEO of Site Tuners, a website focused on improving landing page conversion rates. He/She is also the author of the best selling book titled “Landing Page Optimization”
- CRO is an acronym that stands for ___ ___ ___. It refers to a system for increasing the percentage of visitors to a website that convert into customers.
- This is the name of a trap set to detect, deflect or in some manner counteract attempts at unauthorized use of email systems.
- This algorithm rates the reputation of every outgoing mail server IP address on a scale from 0-100.
- What is this person who, or role that, enables or prevents information from getting to another person(s) in a company. For example, a receptionist or personal assistant.
- This CEO of this popular online shoe store has written books on culture and is famous for modernizing “Delight” as a commonly referred to phrase and important business tactic. Who is this person?
- This song was written and performed by Canadian musician, Dave Carroll and his band, Sons of Maxwell, and chronicles a real-life experience of how his guitar was broken during a trip on United Airlines and became a massive case study for customer service and delighting customers. What is the name of this song?
- What is the name of the customer satisfaction metric that measures, on a scale of 0-10, the degree to which people would recommend your company to others?
- What is BANT an acronym for?
- When leads are passed from marketing to sales, it’s important to have this type of agreement in place so that ownership is transferred. What is name commonly used for the agreement?
- MOZ.com’S Google Algorithm Change page
- Google Webmaster Tools
- 500-600 times
- Inbound Certification
- Avinash Kaushik
- Richard Branson
- River Pools and Spas
- Seth Godin
- Urchin Tracking Module
- Tracking URL
- Brian Clarke
- Laura Fitton
- A/B Testing
- Tim Ash
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Honey Pot or Spamtrap
- Sender Score
- Tony Hsieh
- “United Breaks Guitars“
- Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Budget, authority need and timeline
- Service Level Agreement (SLA)
How did you do?
Want to take your marketing education and experience to the next level? We’ve got a training for that. Check out our marketing training page to see the nine types of training available to take your, and your teams’, skill-set to the next level.